Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bread

I looked into my 'special' cupboard trying to decide what to bake. I am not huge on sweets but I LOVE baking! I wanted to try something from scratch and my friend Mike (who is an amazing cook) gave me his stew bread recipe so I thought I would give it a shot.


The recipe is follows:

5 1/2 cups of flower
2 cups of warm water
3 packs of yeast
2/3 cup of sugar
1/4 oil
1 tsp salt

Mix the water, sugar and yeast to dissolve after it turns to yeastie goodness add oil, salt and flour (make sure to add flour slowly not all at once) until thoroughly mixed but not over mixed a gentle kneading is all. You do not wan it 'smooth'.

Add to oiled bowl and coat both sides. Allow to rise to double its size
Split into 2 loaves and let rise to top of pan but no further.

Bake @ 350 for 30 minuets and POOFERS you have bread. 
This bread is for serving with stews and soups.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment